SIMS Parent App Lite
The SIMS Parent Lite app provides a convenient and accessible solution for parents to electronically review and request changes to the data held on them and their children. Full step by step instructions to get setup are below, along with a list of frequently asked questions.
- Get email from firstname.lastname@example.org in Inbox. If not there, check in Junk mail.
- Select “Click the Link”.
- Select the account type you want to register with e.g. Twitter, Google, Microsoft, Facebook or Office 365.
- Login with your preferred account.
- Get “Invitation Code” filled in to the “Registration” screen. If not displayed, copy from email invitation. Click the “Register” button.
- Answer the security question: “Date of Birth of Child at School”. Then click on “Verify” to confirm. (N.B. This is for security login, not part of SIMS Parent App Lite.)
- Wait for about 30 seconds which your account is created.
- Now enter SIMS Parent App Lite from either sims-parent.co.uk or via the SIMS Parent App from Google Play Store (Android) or Apple Store.
- Select the Account used to register. SIMS Parent App Lite (purple home page) is then displayed.
Mobile phone view
From: sims-parent.co.uk / Internet Browser View
Parents complete Data Collection enable Data Collection option (If disabled, data deleted after 24 hours). The Data Collection section depending on selections looks like this on website and mobile. Parents submit changes and school confirm them. Parents then get confirmation in an email or via the Parent App Lite to say database has been updated.
If pupil lives at a different address to a parent. Then there is normally no access to Data Collection list
If the database has been amended and submitted, parent will get “Review Pending” message and access will be set to read only until previous changes have been approved.
If pupil lives at same address, parent has primary responsibility for the pupil and all previous changed have been approved or none submitted yet, then the database can be amended.