Why such a special day?
In 2001 the Council of Europe declared the 26th September an annual European Day of Languages to highlight the importance of multilingualism and celebrate linguistic diversity.
To mark this linguistic celebration at St Augustine’s, a lot will be happening during languages lessons of course but also throughout the college with a few special changes around school all week long.
There will be:
• special additions to the menus in the canteen;
• international music played in the dining hall at lunchtimes;
• information and decoration in the dining hall and reception area;
• a music quiz in form time; and
• all teachers will even try to greet students in a range of languages.
The modern languages team is especially looking forward to seeing
Year 7 wearing their language hats during lessons.
Photos next week!