I am proud to welcome you to St Augustine’s Catholic College
Academically we are amongst the very highest performing schools in the country with both GCSE and A Level performing in the top 10% of schools nationally in 2014. It is also pleasing that we have an established record of students accessing their first choice of university.
It is our belief that there is much more to school life than the rigour of examinations and we strive to stimulate our students in order that they may become caring, compassionate human beings. It was noted in our diocesan denominational inspection in 2014 that “Pupils make an outstanding contribution to the school. They are able to articulate the mission of the school to explain how this translates into their normal lives. The ethos of the school is based on living out the Lasallian values. This ethos is demonstrated by the exemplary conduct of the pupils, their respect and care for one another and their outreach to those less fortunate.”
We place great emphasis on excellent discipline and behaviour and so it will not be a surprise to hear that we expect all our students to respect the rules and traditions of the College that includes; allowing others to learn, wearing their uniform with pride, being punctual and maintaining an excellent attendance record and having respect for the other students and all staff at all times. This may seem to some like a rather tall order but it is something that our students do rather well and the Diocesan Inspector agrees:
- Pupils apply themselves to their lessons conscientiously.
- Pupil behaviour is outstanding and a very strong feature of the school.
- Pupil attitudes towards their school and what it provides for them is outstanding. They are proud to be part of the St Augustine’s community and are very positive about the school.
- Pupils make an outstanding contribution to the school.
- Pupils’ response to prayer and worship is outstanding. They participate in prayer with maturity and reverence.
I hope that you share our views and values and that you see our school as a place where your child will be happy, safe and successful. Please take time to find out about St Augustine’s and discover whether we are the right place for your children – selecting a secondary school is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.