Head Teacher to start September 2018.
Salary to be negotiated to secure the right candidate.
Re-location package available.
St Augustine’s Catholic College is a successful 11-18 academy in Trowbridge, Wiltshire’s county town, which has always been rated as “outstanding” by Ofsted. It has 970 students of all abilities in a supportive environment where every young person can develop their Faith and realise their potential.
After a long and successful career leading this outstanding college, our head teacher, Mr Joe Alsop, is leaving to take up an international post in China. This has therefore created the opportunity for the college to appoint its next inspirational leader: Someone with Faith and Vision who will understand and build upon the very special qualities of St. Augustine’s Catholic College.
The governors are committed to developing a college which provides a world class, Catholic Education for all students and a supportive environment for all staff. They strive to ensure the college is a place where every student feels safe and valued, has high aspirations and expectations, and is able to achieve outstanding results through inspirational teaching. The governors believe that the college should be a place of witness which mirrors the unconditional love of God.
The governors are seeking a head teacher who:
- has a strong Faith and a commitment to Catholic education;
- is a successful leader at Head or Deputy Head level;
- has the capability and drive to further improve this successful Catholic school;
- understands the challenges facing schools and how to overcome them;
- has a wide and current knowledge of contemporary educational issues;
- brings both the gravitas and charisma to lead staff, pupils and other stakeholders to excel; and
- is able to develop and sustain collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships outside the college.
Applications: To Sarah Priest, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
Closing Date: Dead line is Noon, Monday, 22nd January 2018
Visits: Candidates are welcome to visit the college and should contact the HR Manager.
Interviews: These take place over two days, on Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th February 2018.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be requested before interviews take place and you will be required to bring your identification documents with you on the day of the interview. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job Description – Job Description – Head Teacher
Person Specification – Person Specification – Head Teacher
Application Form – Application Form – 2017