I am proud to welcome you to St Augustine’s Catholic College
Academically we are amongst the very highest performing schools in the country with both GCSE and A Level performing in the top 10% of schools nationally in 2014. It is also pleasing that we have an established record of students accessing their first choice of university.
We place great emphasis on excellent discipline and behaviour and so it will not be a surprise to hear that we expect all our students to respect the rules and traditions of the College that includes; allowing others to learn, wearing their uniform with pride, being punctual and maintaining an excellent attendance record and having respect for the other students and all staff at all times. This may seem to some like a rather tall order but it is something that our students do rather well and the Diocesan Inspector agrees:
- Pupils apply themselves to their lessons conscientiously.
- Pupil behaviour is outstanding and a very strong feature of the school.
- Pupil attitudes towards their school and what it provides for them is outstanding. They are proud to be part of the St Augustine’s community and are very positive about the school.
- Pupils make an outstanding contribution to the school.
- Pupils’ response to prayer and worship is outstanding. They participate in prayer with maturity and reverence.
I hope that you share our views and values and that you see our school as a place where your child will be happy, safe and successful. Please take time to find out about St Augustine’s and discover whether we are the right place for your children – selecting a secondary school is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
– Head Teacher
The governors are committed to a college which will provide a world class, Catholic education for all of it’s students.
They strive to ensure that the college is a place where every student feels safe and valued, has high aspirations and is able to achieve outstanding results through inspirational teaching.
They believe that the college should be a place of witness which mirrors the unconditional love of God.