We will be departing on Friday 15th July at 00:30 and returning on Sunday 17th July 2016 at approx. 22:00.
You will be informed by text or via your child if the return time changes.
We require that your child’s passport and EHIC card are handed in on the 8th July.
Teachers accompanying the trip: Ms C Braham, Mr R Pitcher, Mr A Holbrook, Ms C Nattrass.
Trip leader: Ms C Braham
Date: 15th July 2016
Pick-up Time: 01.00 St. Augustine’s Catholic College, Wingfield Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 9EN
Arrive Eurotunnel Tolls: 05.00 Folkestone
Eurotunnel departs: 05.50 Folkestone -Calais
Arrive: 11.30 Honfleur
Depart: 17.30 Arromanches & transfer to UNCMT Lion-Sur-mer (accommodation)
15th July 2016
11.30 – 12.30 Arrive Honfleur, free time to explore and buy/eat lunch
12.30 Meet coach and drive to Arromanches
14.00 – 15.30 Visit Arromanches Landing Museum
16.00 – 17.30 Visit Arromanches 360° Cinema
17.30 Depart Arromanches and drive to UNCMT Lion-Sur-mer
18.15 Arrive accommodation and check in for evening meal
19.00 Evening meal in accommodation and games
16th July 2016
08.00 Breakfast in accommodation
08.45 After breakfast, collect packed lunches and drive to Mont-Saint-Michel
10.45 Arrive at Mont Saint Michel
Group to walk up to the Abbey – prayer/reflection
11.30 – 13.30 Visit Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel
14.30 Meet coach at the parking, depart Mont-Saint-Michel and drive to Nonant
16.30 – 17.30 Visit Chocolaterie Drakkar
17.30 Depart Nonant and drive to accommodation
18.15 Arrive accommodation
19.00 Evening meal in accommodation and bowling (optional)
17th July 2016
08.00 Breakfast in accommodation
09.00 After breakfast, collect packed lunches and drive to Wierre-Effroy
15.45 – 16.45 Visit Boulangerie Le Fournil
17.00 Depart Wierre-Effroy and drive to Calais
Date: 17th July 2016
Depart: 17.00 Wierre-Effroy and drive to Calais
Arrive Eurotunnel Tolls: 17.45 Calais
Eurotunnel departs: 18.36 Calais- Folkestone
Arrive Home: 22.00 St. Augustine’s Catholic College, Wingfield Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 9EN
Suitable clothing and recommended kit
- The weather in the North of France for the season is not cold and mainly dry with sunny periods, but it might rain so we recommend suitable footwear and clothing
- Please make sure students bring the following:
-sun cream lotion
-a packed lunch, snacks and drinks for the journey.
Staff will be taking the medical form we currently have for your child. Please ensure that you update the college if there have been any recent changes. If your child requires medication, it should be handed in on the day of departure with precise instructions.
- We recommend that students do not bring valuable items with them on trips. If they do so it is at their own risk. We appreciate that many students wish to bring their mobile phones in order to contact their parents on the return journey.
- During the duration of the trip, mobile phones should be turned off and out of sight. Students will need to ask permission to use their phones, and mobile phones may be confiscated if necessary.
- Students will be allowed to use their mobile phones to take photos during the trip should they wish to.
- The trip leader will be taking the school mobile phone. If you need to contact you child during the trip, you will be able to use this number: 07831 423904. Students will also be able to contact you via this phone.
Students may wish to bring a small amount of money to spend on drinks, snacks and souvenirs. We would recommend that they do not bring more than 40 euros.
On the Saturday night students will have to opportunity to go bowling. They will need 7.50 euros if they wish to play but are welcome to come along and have a drink instead.